Teresa is a trade finance specialist with experience in setting up trade finance desks. She set up the office for Banif in Hong Kong and has worked in international banking for over 23 years across Santander, Standard Bank of South Africa, Standard Chartered and Banif.
Her experience spans credit/loan portfolio management, syndicated lending, structured trade finance and forfaiting with specialised emerging market expertise.
Teresa has a proven track record of execution and delivery, having led teams, built businesses, set up bank operations, and managed independent profit centres across the City of London and in emerging markets.
Her strengths lie in new business strategy, new business development and client management, deal delivery and her strong understanding of people. Her experience combined with her functional and people skills makes her a natural leader capable of driving high performance teams and nurturing talent. She is a linguist fluent in English, French and Spanish, and spoken Portuguese.
- Setting up and managing profit centres, sales and origination teams
- Leadership, Strategy and execution
- Strong marketing skills: cross marketing of products
- Strong networking experience across all levels of clients from CEO to Board Members across various geographies, in particular Central & Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa
- Results-led execution and delivery orientation
- Inter-cultural management experience and language skills: Native proficiency in English, French and Spanish, and fluent in Portuguese